- Information on specific disease processes such as geriatric syndromes
- Guidelines for addressing the unique care needs of older patients during medical procedures
- Evidence-based geriatric clinical nursing website of the Hartford Institute for geriatric nursing at New York University's College of Nursing
- Resources include evidence based fact sheets on geriatric topics, clinical tools, faculty resources, continuing education, as well as information on advocacy and special practice with older patients.
- This Team-Based Learning (TBL) module introduces the common and interrelated geriatric syndromes of polypharmacy, falls and delirium.
- It is intended to provide basic diagnostic tools and sharpen the learner’s awareness of commonly ignored risks in the healthcare setting.
YouTube video by Dr. Mike Evans on the "one thing" that can most improve health. Hint: It's exercise.
Keyword search for resources on active aging and older adults.
Resources for older adults including finding local programs, information on benefits, Medicare, online and print resources and long term care
Resources from AHRQ on increasing physical activity in older adults
Resources on best practices in working with older adults
Resources include evidence based Alzheimer's information for patients, caregivers, and healthcare providers.
- Resources for people with Alzheimer's and their family
- Contents include treatment options, how to pay and plan, caring for someone, help with Alzheimer's, and fighting Alzheimer's.
Resources to assist providers in evaluating the ability of older patients to operate motor vehicles safely
- Not-for-profit organization
- Useful guidelines and recommendations for Health care professionals for care of older adults
A national education initiative to improve palliative care by providing training and resources