Student awards are presented at the School of Nursing Convocation, held annually in June.
- Distinguished BSN Achievement Award Criteria
Nominated by Faculty, Students, Staff; Selected by Sub-Committee of BSNCC
- Masters Outstanding Student Award Criteria
- DNP Outstanding Student Award Criteria
Nominated by Faculty; Selected by Sub-Committee of DNPCC
- Dissertation Award in Nursing Science Criteria
Students Self-Nominate with Input from Faculty, Selected by Sub-Committee of PHDCC
Faculty awards are nominated and selected by graduating students and are presented at the School of Nurse Convocation, held annually in June.
- Rheba de Tornyay Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Criteria
- Sandra Eyres Award for Excellence in Graduate Teaching Criteria
- Excellence in Clinical Teaching Award Criteria
- Excellence in Promoting Diversity through Teaching Award Criteria
Preceptor of the Year Award
The Preceptor of the Year Award recipient is nominated by students and/or staff within the School's graduate tracks and voted on by the Clinical Placement Coordinators. The award is presented annually at the Primary Care Conference in autumn.
Individual(s) nominating a candidate should address the following:
- The candidate has consistently worked with students in clinical placements over time.
- The candidate is a good role model for advanced practice students.
- The candidate is an excellent clinician who is a patient advocate.
- The candidate mentors advanced practice nursing students. A mentor is a teacher who fosters self-discovery and professional growth.
- The candidate is able to work with students with a wide range of talents and abilities in such a way that each student's competence and professional growth are enhanced.
- Other characteristics not included in the above criteria.
Nominated by Staff
Nominated by Administrators/Supervisors/Faculty Members: