Faculty requirements for compliance at the School of Nursing are identical to what is required of students. These must be demonstrated by all faculty members who deal with patients or study subjects in clinical settings, as required by OSHA, Health Sciences, and affiliation agreements we hold with clinical sites.
Immunizations and RN licensure may be noted using the Faculty Immunization/Licensure Verification Form.
- Criminal history check (conducted/retained by UW HR upon hire)
- No exclusion from federally funded health care programs
- UW HIPAA training
- Annual asbestos awareness training
- Blood borne pathogen training
- CPR certification
- Familiarity with FERPA
- Hazards management training (required by specific clinical sites)
- Immunizations (also see the School of Nursing Student Health Policy)
- Active Washington state RN licensure
- Completed North Puget Sound Clinical Passport only if you are going to a clinical site (Note: passport with supporting documentation should be ready for submission 6 weeks before the quarter starts)
*Some clinical sites have unique/additional site-specific requirements in addition to what must be completed above. See the affiliation agreement for your site for more information.