SharePoint is Coming to the School of Nursing!
What is SharePoint?
SharePoint is an Internet-based platform that provides document management and collaboration. The School of Nursing will use SharePoint for all internal information for our Intranet: My Nursing.
Why use SharePoint for My Nursing?
A typical information worker creates 3 gigabytes of data a year. That’s a lot of data! Consequently, that same worker spends 30% of their time searching for information.
To learn more, please listen to Mark Squire's presentation on why the School of Nursing is using SharePoint here.
SharePoint can help:
- SharePoint offers enterprise search capabilities – imagine searching the K:, O:, V:, D: and W: drives at lightning speed!
- SharePoint has built-in versioning – rolling back to an earlier version of a document is just a couple clicks away!
- SharePoint streamlines data management and access – everything in one place and indexed for you – automatically!
- SharePoint is accessible to anyone in the world with an Internet connection.
- Share useful links and documents with co-workers – you control the access!
- Provides built-in team discussion features: wikis, blogs and more at your fingertips!
- Set up email alerts to notify you when a document changes.
- See who is currently editing the document.