Date: 10/10/2012 (current date) Valid through: (2 years from current date)
Instructions for completing/submitting this form:
- Fill out the form electronically and email to your supervisor for review. There are two goal pages; add additional goal pages as needed. Goal descriptions can be as long or short as needed to describe your plan.
- Meet with your supervisor to discuss the details of your EDP. Ask them to electronically add their comments to your EDP, then send it around for e-signatures.
- Give the original EDP to your leader, and keep a copy for yourself.
- Prior to registering for any classes, complete a Request for Training Release Time and/or Funding form. Once your supervisor has approved your request, register for the class, then give the Training Release Time and/or Funding form to your leader, who will instruct you as to next steps.
Section A: Long-Term Career Goal
Looking at your long term future, what are your aspirations? Consider all areas of growth and learning, including improvements to customer service, work processes, collaboration and communications with others, and technical expertise.
Section B: Short-Term Goals and Action Plans
What specific goals would you like to accomplish in the next 3 – 12 months?
Consider goals in all areas, including improving customer service, collaboration and communication skills, and technical skills. What skills/knowledge do you need to accomplish these short term goals? What specific steps will you take to achieve the goal, and when will you complete these steps? Include how you will use the skills and knowledge in your current position or to move toward your long-term goal.
Section C: Relevancy of Your Goals
How do your development plan and goals fit with the needs of your department?
Section D: Leader Comments
Please leave the following areas blank so your supervisor can fill them out after your EDP conversation with him or her.
- What else to consider for future EDPs:
Employee (print name) Leader (print name)
Employee signature Leader signature
Date signed Date signed