Application Availability and Deadline
Applications to the Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing Science (PhD) program are generally available from October until January. Applications are due no later than 5:00pm PST on January 15 to begin study the following Autumn Quarter.
Minimum Requirements to Apply to the PhD Program
- We do not require the GRE for any of our graduate programs
- An in-process or earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited university in any discipline
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the last 90 graded quarter credits
- If your native language is not English, proof of English language proficiency (reading, writing and comprehension)
- Have an active, unrestricted Washington registered nursing (RN) license only if you plan to take clinical nursing (NCLIN) courses. If you do not plan to enroll in clinical nursing courses, RN licensure is not required for the PhD program.
- If you are an International applicant and only if you plan to take clinical nursing (NCLIN) courses, an active, unrestricted US registered nursing (RN) license at the time of application, and a Washington State RN license to begin the PhD program are required. If you do not enroll in clinical nursing courses, an RN license is not required for the PhD program.
- PhD application instructions
- Online PhD application, including the School of Nursing Graduate School Supplemental Application Form
- Current curriculum vitae
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Statement of Goals and Research Interests
- Completed Authorization for Background Check form
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended; foreign transcripts must include translated evaluations
- Copies of English proficiency scores, if applicable
If you have any interest in pre-doctoral training program fellowships available through the School of Nursing, complete the following form and include it with your application to the School of Nursing: