Many prospective applicants are interested in enrolling in our Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program under the Navy's Medical Enlisted Commissioning Program (MECP) or the Army Medical Department Enlisted Commissioning Program (AMEDD-AECP).
Our BSN admission requirements may or may not meet your enlisted commissioning program criteria. The following are things to keep in mind:
- All students enrolling in our BSN program are required to have 2 years of prerequisite work completed beforehand, and will spend only 2 years enrolled in the nursing program. While prerequisite courses do not have to be finished as of the application deadline, they must all be completed prior to the start of the program in Autumn Quarter.
- Applications are accepted beginning in August prior to the January 15 deadline, and applicants are notified of acceptance to the program early in April. No applicant can be guaranteed admission before this time.
Prospective Enlisted Commissioning Program applicants generally need to know much earlier than April if they are competitive for our BSN program. While we cannot guarantee admission to the program before then, we are happy to look at qualifications of an enlisted commissioning program participant and write a letter saying whether or not the individual meets the criteria for admissions. In order to have your qualifications reviewed and to receive a letter from the University of Washington School of Nursing, you should do the following:
- Carefully read the posted BSN degree program information and to listen to the online BSN information session.
- Prepare application materials as outlined on the BSN How to Apply page
- Submit all materials in a complete packet by the deadline to:
Student and Academic Services, School of Nursing
University of Washington, Box 357260
Seattle, WA 98195-7260
Please make it clear that you are a prospective Enlisted Commissioning Program applicant, and indicate your deadline to receive a letter from us. If you feel unable to determine whether or not our program would meet your commissioning program's criteria, please show our above policy to the director of your commissioning program. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (206) 543-8736 or 1 (800) 759-NURS.