Applications to the UW School of Nursing degree programs and graduate certificates are accepted once per year (see the individual program pages for deadlines). We review all applications holistically. In other words, we look at how well your life experiences (e.g., community involvement, leadership, volunteer work), in addition to your academic record, have prepared you for successful completion of our programs and a career in nursing.
Successful applicants are able to clearly articulate their understanding of the nursing role in health care and why the UW School of Nursing is an ideal choice and fit for them. They demonstrate maturity, as well as a cultural and self-awareness that stands out when compared to other applicants in the applicant pool.
We welcome your application and any questions you have during the application process.
Degree Programs & Graduate Certificates
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
- Master of Nursing in Community Health (MN-CHN)
- Master of Science in Clinical Informatics and Patient-Centered Technologies (MS-CIPCT)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing Science (PhD)
- Graduate Certificate Programs in Advanced Practice Nursing (GCPAPN)