Graduate Staff Assistant Position (50% FTE)
Summer/Autumn Quarter 2015
A Graduate Staff Assistant Student Outreach Coordinator is needed in Student and Academic Services.
Student Outreach Coordinators are responsible for student recruitment and outreach for all SoN Academic programs.
Roles and Responsibilities of the GSA include:
The Graduate Staff Assistant will work with the Director of Admissions and Multicultural Student Affairs and Manager of Student Recruitment to carry out outreach and recruitment of students to all School of Nursing programs.
· Coordinate and represent the School of Nursing at local recruiting events, both on campus and off, including CNE conferences, hospitals, career fairs, community college fairs, high schools, and community festivals, by involving faculty, students, alumni, and staff.
· Respond to requests for information over email, phone, and by letter.
· Advise prospective applicants on questions regarding the BSN, ABSN, MN, MS, PhD, DNP, and Certificate programs.
· Collaborate with Academic Services staff; including Director of Admissions, Director of Student and Academic Services, BSN, MN, MS, DNP, and PhD program coordinators, and undergraduate advisor, to facilitate clear communication with potential applicants.
· Work independently on outreach and recruitment-oriented projects and planning specifically related to graduate degree programs.
· Offer individual appointments for prospective graduate students regarding specific questions they may have and occasional other duties as assigned.
· Must be Nursing Graduate Student in good standing.
· Excellent communication, public speaking and writing skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team and ability to solve problems creatively.
· Demonstrated attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to travel with access to reliable transportation.
· Ability to lift 20 pounds.
Duration: Fall Quarter 2015: Pay period runs September 15, 2015 through September 15, 2016. Position may start earlier on June 1, 2015, if a candidate is found. Exact dates and hours of employment will be arranged between the GSA and Director of Admissions and Multicultural Student Affairs, Carolyn Chow. This position has the opportunity to be reappointed each quarter for three (1) year or more pending funding and job performance.
Applications: Please send an email with your resume and cover letter to Jill Duncan, email@example.com, with the position you are applying for in the subject line, by Wednesday, June 10, 2015 at 5:00p.m.
Requirements: Appointment is governed by a union contract. In order to maintain eligibility for your appointment and its benefits, you will need to enroll in at least 10 credits each academic quarter and 2 credits during the summer quarter. Non-U.S. citizens hired to perform teaching duties must (1) meet English language proficiency requirements and (2) participate fully in the International Teaching Assistant Program at the Center for Instructional Development and Research (CIDR). Documentation will be requested prior to appointment.
Tuition coverage: Course fees for students in PCE (fee-based) programs will be paid at the Graduate Tier I rate for operating and technology fees. Please visit the Office of Planning & Budget site for the most up-to-date information, including tuition and related fees: http://www.washington.edu/admin/pb/home/opb-tuition.htm. All tuition-based (WA State) students will be paid at their program rate.
Special Requirement: You can elect to join UW/GSEAC Academic Student Employee (ASE) union.
For more information see website: http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/laborrel/contracts/uaw/contract/a28.html.
Appointment Terms: The terms of your appointment are covered under: https://nursing.uw.edu/student-resources/academic-student-employee-appoi....
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206.543.6450 / 206.543.6452 (TTY) or firstname.lastname@example.org