DEADLINE: Monday, November 30, 2015 - 5:00 PM
Research Assistant Position (50% FTE) - Winter Quarter 2016
We are recruiting for a Research Assistant in the Department of Biobehavioral Nursing & Health Systems to support faculty research. Job Summary: Under general direction, assists the research investigators by searching articles following established protocols; identifying records through search; screening records, excluding duplicated and apparently irrelevant articles; assessing full-text articles for eligibility; finalizing included articles for a systematic review; entering eligibility articles in Microsoft Excel; formatting and editing reports for the completion of the project, assisting in the preparation of the and may perform various clerical and editorial duties.
Roles and Responsibilities of the RA include:
- Assists with research projects; searching articles following established protocols; identifying records through search; screening records, excluding duplicated and apparently irrelevant articles; assessing full-text articles for eligibility; creating and maintaining a citation library
- Performs various clerical duties including typing and data entry.
- Performs various editorial duties; writes, reviews and edits documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- PhD nursing student in good standing
- Knowledge of hospice and caregiving literature and terminology
- Knowledge of and experience with using library databases including PubMed, Dyna Med, CINAHL Plus
- Ability to search, assess, and appraise articles
- Proficient in using a personal computer
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel
Duration: Winter Quarter 2016, payroll effective December 16, 2015 through March 15, 2016. Exact dates and hours of employment will be arranged between the RA and faculty, Professor George Demiris.
Applications: Submit your resume and a 1 page cover letter (with last name in the file names) indicating how you meet the qualifications to email@example.com by November 30, 2015 at 5:00pm.
Your appointment classifies you as an Academic Student Employee (ASE) and is governed by a contract between the UW and UAW Local 4121: http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/laborrel/contracts/uaw/contract/preamble.html
- You can elect to join the UW/UAW Academic Student Employee (ASE) union. For more information, refer to the Union contract details on the site: http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/laborrel/contracts/uaw/contract/a28.html
- In order to maintain eligibility for your appointment and its benefits, you must be enrolled in at least 10 credits (or 2 credits during the Summer Quarter).
Note: Non-U.S. citizens hired to perform teaching duties must (1) meet English language proficiency requirements and (2) participate fully in the International Teaching Assistant Program at the Center for Instructional Development and Research (CIDR). Documentation will be requested prior to appointment.
Tuition waivers/coverage for 50% FTE ASE appointments (http://nursing.uw.edu/student-resources/academic-student-employee-appointments)
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206.543.6450 / 206.543.6452 (TTY) or firstname.lastname@example.org