Application Availability and Deadline
Applications to the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program are generally available from October until January. Applications are due no later than 5:00pm PST on January 15 to begin full-time study the following Autumn Quarter.
- We do not require the GRE for any of our graduate programs
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the last 90 graded quarter credits
- Meeting Essential Behaviors for graduate students
- If your native language is not English, proof of English language proficiency (including spoken English)
- International applicants must have an active unrestricted US registered nursing (RN) license at time of application; if you hold an ARNP license that must also be an active unrestricted US license. You must apply for and successfully obtain Washington State licensure to begin the Doctor of Nursing Practice program if you are offered admission.
- DNP application instructions
- DNP application checklist
- Online DNP application, including the School of Nursing Graduate School Application Supplemental Form
- Current resume
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Responses to the admissions questions
- Completed Background Check, Authorization for Repeat Checks, and Dissemination of Results form
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended; foreign transcripts must include translated evaluations
- Copies of English competency (reading, writing, and comprehension, as well as spoken) scores, if applicable