The estimated length of time required to complete the Master of Science program is 15 months of full-time study. Part-time study is available.
International Opportunities are available for students who are enrolled in the Master of Nursing program who wish to enhance their learning through health care immersion experiences in a society and/or culture very different from their own.
Goals of the Master of Science Program
- Evaluate the current state of knowledge in a selected area of nursing as it informs theory, practice and research.
- Develop and implement a research study in a focused area of nursing knowledge.
- Evaluate the application of inquiry-based knowledge to selected areas of clinical practice among diverse and multicultural populations.
- Articulate ethical issues and responsibilities involved in research.
- Develop and utilize leadership strategies that foster improvement of health care.
Minimum School Requirements: Master of Science
|Nursing Science and Professional Foundations||18|
|Modes of Inquiry|
|Thesis or Scholarly Projects.||6 if scholarly project|
9 if thesis
|Total Credits||46 if scholarly project|
49 if thesis