The UW School of Nursing BSN Honors Program offers undergraduate students working toward a BSN degree the opportunity to earn departmental honors and graduate “With Honors in Nursing.”
The BSN Honors Program is not available to students in the Accelerated BSN program.
Graduating “With Honors” is a nationally recognized scholastic achievement that signifies additional effort and accomplishment. The UW SoN is the only nursing school in Washington State to offer honors in the baccalaureate degree.
Students at the UW can apply for admission to Interdisciplinary Honors at the time of application as freshman. See http://depts.washington.edu/uwhonors/reqs/ for more information on UW Honors opportunities and requirements.
- Minimum of a 3.3 cumulative UW GPA
- Minimum of a 3.5 cumulative School of Nursing GPA
- Participation in 1-credit honors seminar (NURS 445: Topics in Nursing) Autumn, Winter and Spring quarters of senior year
- Register for honors credit in NMETH403: Introduction to Nursing Research
- Complete 4-credits of mentored research experience during senior year (NMETH499)
- Participate in Undergraduate Research Symposium (May 2015) poster session
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact Barbara Burns McGrath RN, PhD, Faculty Coordinator BSN Honors, firstname.lastname@example.org.