Skip to Content
Skip to Navigation

Student ID Cards

UW Husky Student ID Cards

University of Washington student ID cards can be issued any time after you have accepted the UW offer of admission and have paid the enrollment confirmation deposit to confirm your intention to attend. Students who are eligible to register or who have registered may obtain their cards.

To get your student ID card, go to the ground floor of Odegaard Undergraduate Library (next to the By George Café). The library hours are 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please bring state or federal issued photo identification (such as a driver's license or passport) with you when you come to obtain your ID card.

Health Sciences Building Access Cards

If you need after-hours access to the Health Sciences Building (6:00pm - 6:00am weekdays; weekends and holidays), you must purchase an access card from Health Sciences Building Management. This is separate from your Husky Card and Health Sciences Photo ID and not required.

Forms for Building Access cards can be found on the Building Management web site.

Effective December 16, 2013, HS Building Management has a daily "Open Session Hour" from 11:00am - 12:00pm for photo IDs and access cards. You can also call to make an appointment if this time is not convenient for you.

Health Sciences Photo ID Cards

All students are required to obtain a Health Sciences photo identification badge and wear it while within the Health Sciences complex after hours (i.e. weekdays before 6:00am and after 6:00pm, all day on weekends and holidays).

When getting your Health Sciences Photo ID and access card, you will need to bring the following with you:

  • Payment of $9 by a personal check made out to the University of Washington ONLY
  • Your UW student ID

You will receive your photo ID/access card from the School of Nursing during the second or third week of the quarter.

Replacing a Lost Health Sciences Photo ID or Building Access Card

If at any time you lose your Health Sciences Photo ID or building access card, a replacement can be made. Go to Building Management in T-283 to pay for your replacement (personal checks ONLY).

Payment Information

Payment for new or replacement photo IDs and optional building access cards may be made with a personal check made out to the University of Washington ONLY. The cost for new cards increases if you are not able to come during drop-in hours (scheduled during SoN orientation in June and September each year).

Item(s) Cost
Photo ID only $0.00
Access card $9.00
Replacement Photo ID only $8.00
Replacement access card $9.00
Replacement Photo ID and access card $17.00