4 weeks prior to your rotation
Paperwork to Complete
Contact the Site
Occupational Health - 600 Birchwood Avenue Bellingham, WA
Studenst must contact 360-738-6300 X2563 to set up pre-internship screening process.
Please do thisas soon as possible, allowing at least 5-days to complete before the start date.
See below for what will be completed during this appointment (please allow 60-90 minutes).
Additional contact for OB/GYN Placements:
Fax: (360) 527-9312
Additional contact for Pediatrics Placements:
Bonita Criswell or Gloria Gietl
Additional Site Requirements
- Meet with Occupational Health (15 - 20 minutes). The Occupational Health nurse will review your health history with you, which includes:
- Analysis of your immunization status. You should bring proof of 2 MMR immunizations and Hepatitis B vaccine if your clinical rotation involves potential exposure to body fluids.
- Tuberculosis Screen: Your TB skin test will need to be read 2-3 days after it has been given. If you can show proof (within 1 year) of current TB testing you will only need one TB test. If no current TB test is available, you will need a second test within 3 weeks of the first test.
- Occupational Health will also run a drug screen, at the cost of $29 per student. Make checks payable to PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center.
- Meet with Human Resources to complete the following: National Criminal background check that covers, State, County, FACIS, Social Security and OIG, prior to working at the hospital. Should be completed by sponsoring organization; if not, PeaceHealth will complete background check for a $35.00 charge. The school of nursing background check can be used instead. The contact person at HR is:
600 Birchwood Avenue
Bellingham, WA 98225
Phone: (360) 788-6380
Fax: (360) 715-4116
3. Bring your UW School of Nursing ID badge; you will not be issued a badge from the site.
4. The school of nursing will send a copy of your background check report.
- Saint Joseph Hospital is a Tobacco-Free Workplace. Tobacco use on the campus, indoors or out, is prohibited.