When you enroll at the University of Washington, you are asked to sign up for e-mail service through UW Outlook Live or UW Google Email. As a School of Nursing student, however, you may be communicating sensitive information that cannot be transmitted via the Outlook or Google servers. For this reason, you will need to sign up for UW Deskmail once you have cleared your School of Nursing compliance pieces.
To activate UW Deskmail:
- Go to https://uwnetid.washington.edu/manage/?service. You should see the following:
In this example, the student currently uses the Google Apps cloud service. You may see something different, depending on whether you are using UW Outlook Live or forwarding to a non-UW email address. When you see this screen, click on “UW Email Inbox” (under “Inactive Services”) and hit the “Subscribe” button.
- You should now see this screen: UW Deskmail2
- Now go to https://uwnetid.washington.edu/manage/?forward. You should see the following screen: UW Deskmail3 Remember: for this example we are using Google Apps so your options may look slightly different. From here, select "Forward to UW Deskmail" and click "OK."
- You should now see this screen: UW Deskmail4
- Now, you’ll use one of the options listed at http://www.washington.edu/itconnect/email/uwemail.html to check your email. Here is a sample of the web-based option, Web Alpine (http://alpine.washington.edu/): UW Deskmail5