|All Degree Programs
All BSN, ABSN, MN, MN, DNP, PhD, and GCPAPN students are required to complete a seven hour HIV/AIDs course prior to enrollment. Students may complete this requirement by completing the UW Continuing Nursing Education HIV/AIDS Education course, or by taking such a course at another agency. Students must be able to provide proof to the State of HIV/AIDS training when applying for RN licensure.
In order to qualify for the $50 rate for nursing students, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.uwcne.org, click on "Self-Study," then "Online Education," then choose "HIV/AIDS: Implications for Nurses and Other Health Care Professionals - 7th Edition."
- At the bottom of the page, you can register by adding the course to your cart.
- Log in with your login email and password
- If you do not have an account, click on "Create Account" and follow the instructions.
- VERY IMPORTANT: When you get to the Accountholder Registration page, it will ask for "Your Affiliation" with a drop-down box. Choose UWSON Student in order to get the $50 student rate. DO NOT choose "UW School of Nursing (Faculty, Clin Faculty or Nursing Student)". This will charge you $71.
- Once you get to the Checkout Page, your order should be listed with the price that will be charged to your account. If the total amount does not say $50, do not go forward. Go back and change your affiliation. If you have trouble with this, contact CNE at email@example.com or (206) 543-1047.
- Check out and proceed with your registration.
- After entering your payment information, click "Proceed."
- A page of your order will show up for you to review and confirm. VERY IMPORTANT: At the bottom of this page, click on the button that says "Complete Registration."
- You should receive instructions on how to go to class.