- Students should initiate and complete a meeting with academic advisor every quarter.
- Students should acquaint themselves with the program of study form. This should be updated every quarter.
- Students should continue to meet with academic advisor every quarter.
- Students should continue to complete the program of study form. This should be updated every quarter.
- Student submits a letter of request for appointment of supervisory committee to Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
- Student and committee should meet to finalize the program of study. This should be signed by all committee members and forwarded to Academic Affairs.
- Student should identify site/agency/community for capstone project from list of available projects. Ideally this will be in site of Capstone Clinical Immersion. Student should verify that a current affiliation agreement is in place.
- Student should complete a plan for capstone project and secure approval from committee for proposed DNP project.
- Statement of Mutual Agreement is established per policy for DNP project.
- Implement and evaluate the Capstone DNP Project.
- Provide project results to site/agency/community in agreed upon format (oral and/or written report).
- Present DNP project to supervisory committee orally and in writing.
Submit the following to the School of Nursing Graduate Program Advisor, Betsy Mau, in Academic Services:
- Warrant verifying the final examination is complete
- Verification of degree form
- DNP scholarly project abstract
- Upload abstract to Virginia Henderson library (optional)
See the DNP Student Forms page for all applicable forms.