The following steps must be taken in the quarter you complete your degree:
- Register for at least 2 credits.
- Submit your request for your final exam to the Graduate School online via your MyGrad - Student View page at least 2 weeks before the exam is scheduled. You will need the date, time, and room of your exam, as well as the agreement of the members of your committee.
- Be sure all members of your committee have at least 2 weeks to read your final draft before the examination.
- Before your exam, pick up your warrant at the front desk in Academic Services (T-301).
- Bring to your exam:
- The warrant
- The Doctoral Degree Completion form
- When you have completed your project, submit to Academic Services:
- 2 copies of your abstract, one in hard copy and one electronic
- Signed Doctoral Degree Completion form
- Health Science photo identification badge and Access card
- All keys for offices/carrel rooms in the Health Sciences Building
- Any books or equipment you have borrowed during your program of study
- Optional: Register your project with the Virginia Henderson International Nursing Library using the DNP submission template.
Graduate Ceremony Requirements
If you are graduating Summer, Autumn, or Winter Quarter and wish to participate in the School of Nursing Convocation the June following your graduation: Convocation information will be sent to the doctoral student e-mail list and posted on the SoN website in April. Make a note to check this site and follow the posted instructions in order to participate in the ceremony. You are also advised to send a note in April to email@example.com to inform Academic Services of your intent to participate.
If you are graduating in Spring Quarter and wish to have your name included in the program for the University-wide Commencement Ceremony in Husky Stadium, you must submit your signed Request for Final Examination to the Graduate School by April 19. Check the UW Commencement website for the specific date, as it is different every year. The names of students who graduated earlier in the academic year will be automatically submitted by the Graduate School.
If you are graduating Spring Quarter, you are also advised to arrange for family members to arrive at least 2 days prior to Convocation.
If you plan to seek certification and licensure as an advanced practice nurse after graduation, you may find the following links helpful: