Welcome, 2014 UW Nurse Campers!
Congratulations on your acceptance into the 2014 UW School of Nursing Nurse Camp! We are excited to have you join us July 21-25th for this unique opportunity. Please make sure that you are available from 8:30am – 4:00 pm during this entire week.
Confirm Your Participation in Nurse Camp 2014
To confirm your attendance and hold your spot in this program, you must download, complete, and return the following documents by June 1, 2014:
- Nurse Camp Confirmation/Checklist
- Application & Agreement for Observational Activities
- Proof of Insurance
- Immunization History
- Consent for Photography
- Parent Permission Slip for "The Real Inside Story"
Mail completed forms to:
University of Washington School of Nursing
Seattle, WA 98195
- Download the 2014 Nurse Camp schedule for an overview of what we will be doing each day.
- Thanks to the very kind and generous donations of community members, we will be providing breakfast, lunch, and some snack items EACH DAY of the camp. SO, make sure you get to the School of Nursing by 8:30AM each day so you have time to fuel up!
- EVERY day UW Nurse Camp starts at 8:30AM in T661. We will end each day at 4:00PM, including Friday afternoon for the family and friends reception. Make sure you arrange your rides or the bus based on those start and finish times! This is a DAY CAMP and no overnight accommodations are provided.
- Pens, notebooks and anything else you need for the UW Nurse Camp will be provided. You do not need to bring anything except for yourself.
- On the first day, we will be meeting in T661 of the Health Sciences Building at 8:30AM. For maps and directions to the School of Nursing, visit: http://nursing.uw.edu/about/directions-health-sciences-building-and-uw-school-nursing. There are directions for where to get dropped off and where to park if you decide to drive yourself. Make sure you familiarize yourself with the directions and the maps that are posted on the site! The Health Sciences Building can be very confusing if you don't know your way around.
Once you get to campus, follow the signs to T661 or feel free to ask any staff member for directions to T661. Just get yourself to the School of Nursing on Monday morning and the rest of the time, while you are on campus, we will have volunteers to escort you from place to place. You won't have to worry about finding your way around each day.
- On the first day, you need to bring a photo ID (either a school ID, passport, or driver's license). This ID is REQUIRED; there are no exceptions. If you do not bring ID, you cannot attend clinicals.
Throughout the camp, you will be visiting different departments at the UW Medical Center.
On the first day you will be given regulation UW Nurse Camp scrub top and bottom and you are expected to wear the scrubs for the duration of UW Nurse Camp.
It is REQUIRED that you wear closed toe shoes those days. Sneakers are fine.
You cannot wear belly tops, flip flops, or torn jeans/pants.
If you have acrylic nails we will kindly ask you not to have them on during the week of camp and if you would like to wear polish please use a light color and have your nails short. We have a hand washing protocol and long nails, acrylic nails and dark polish are not permitted in clinical areas.
If you have long hair, make sure you are prepared to bring a hair tie or some way to put your hair up. Loose hair may become entangled with the equipment we will be using.
Finally, because the UW Medical Center is a fragrance-free zone, Do NOT wear ANY cologne or perfume.
- Transportation to and from the University are your responsibility. Visit the King County Metro Transit web site for route information and planning. The physical address for the UW School of Nursing is:
- 1959 NE Pacific Street
Health Sciences Building
Seattle, WA 98195-7260
- 1959 NE Pacific Street
- We have some Metro bus tickets in case you need bus fare to get to and from the UW School of Nursing. Just get yourself to campus that first day and we'll give you bus tickets for the rest of the camp.
- We are finalizing details for the closing ceremony/reception and will give you information for your families during Nurse Camp week. Stay tuned! In the meantime, the reception is scheduled for 2:00-4:00 PM on Friday, July 25th. If you know how many friends and family you'd like to invite, please let us know so we can plan for refreshments. Please limit yourself to 5 guests.
- If you have any questions at all, please contact us and we will respond as soon as we can!
- See you on Monday, July 21, 8:30AM in T661!