Seattle, WA 98195
My interest areas include health behavior change, use of brief motivational interviewing in clinical practice, systems and population-based models of care for chronic disease self-management, medical home and team-care, Community-Oriented Primary Care and interprofessional education.
Major teaching responsibilities include teaching core courses for DNP students, FNP clinical seminars and clinical advising. I recently have taught DNP courses in leadership and role development, health promotion and immersion course that integrates practice, leadership and practice inquiry in the context of enhancing care systems delivery.
Practice, Service & Community Involvement
I am an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) with national certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP). I received my Doctor of Nursing Practice from the University of Washington in 2008. My clinical work is with underserved, ethnically diverse patient populations in primary care community health setting. I have worked with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) to develop and administer a clinical licensing exam for nurse practitioners in BC. I have also worked with CRNBC in the development of a NP Quality Assurance program for practicing Nurse Practitioners in BC.
- Hoyle, C., Johnson, G. (April, 2015) Building skills in organizational and systems change: A DNP FNP clinical curriculum. The Nurse Practitioner. 40 (4), 15-23.
- Napolitano, M., Roots, A., Hoyle, C., Johansen, C. (2011). Developing the clinical licensure examination for nurse practitioners in British Columbia. Journal of Nursing Regulation. 2(3), 1-5.
- Hoyle, C. (October, 2009). Make your strep diagnosis spot on. The Nurse Practitioner. 33(10), 47-52.
- Hoyle, C. (2009) Manuscript for Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, USDHHS, Putting Prevention into Practice, Results of research project.
- Payne, J., Schoenfeld, P., Hoyle, C., Whitman, L., Secor, R. (2000) Hematopoietic health. In P.V. Meredith and N.M. Horan (Eds.), Adult primary care (pp. 692-727). Philadelphia, P.A: W.B.Saunders Co.